Examination of Conscience
The Simple Path to Union with God
To print pamphlet or booklet (larger print) form:
1- download file of choice. 2- Print double-sided, landscape form, short edge binding.
The Lord gives us a new commandment:
“Love one another as I have loved you” (Jn 13:34)
Paul teaches us how to love as Christ loves:
Love is patient
love is kind
love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude
It does not insist on its own way
it is not irritable or resentful
it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Our Lords’ messages in The Simple Path to Union with God teach us how to grow in this Way of Love as we begin to work through and purify the situations and relationships in our lives.
...Ponder every relationship and situation in your lives where you are not loving with Me, through Me and in Me. Ask yourselves, “Why is it so difficult to love this person or to love in these situations?” It is precisely in those situations and with those persons where you need to be purified. It is only in this way that you can become ONE with My Eucharistic life and be transformed into Love. My pure victims of love are God’s warriors for these decisive times. (9/1/14), Simple Path #57, p.171
I. LOVE IS PATIENT
The love of God will stretch your love beyond your physical capacities. The expansion of the tent of your hearts is a most painful process. You have to choose to love those most difficult to love. You must always choose love, patience, and tenderness and never give in to anger and resentment.
The tenderness of God was manifested through My hands. The healing grace of God was transmitted through My hands. I need you to be My hands and to transmit the healing grace of God to your spouses, children and many. It is My tenderness that heals the harshness and hardness of hearts. Radiate My tenderness through your hands. (3/1/11), Simple Path #106
1. Are my words, especially with those that I live with and work with, tender, respectful, uplifting, affirming, kind. If not why? Ask the Holy Spirit to take you to the root of your harshness.
2. Am I quick to rash judgements? Does my frustration lead to angry outbursts?
3. Do I become easily agitated or irritated by people or circumstances that don’t conform to my will or desires? Or do I humbly accept all situations as allowed by God and opportunities to grow in sanctity?
II. LOVE IS KIND...
Tenderness is the virtue in which the love in your heart is manifested through your faculties of touch, sight, and speech. God is love; therefore, here on earth, my love was experienced by many through the touch of My hands, through the gaze of My eyes, and through My words.
I am a living torrent of grace, which is the love of God flowing through Me.
When you come to possess Me, through the power of the Holy Spirit, My love flows through you. You become My living vessel; you become My hands; you become My gaze; you speak My words. This is what it means to be My living chalices and living hosts. This love is manifested concretely, tangibly, through your tenderness.
By being attentive to how you use your hands or fail to use your hands, how you gaze at others, and how the words flow from your lips, you will come to know the sin that remains in your hearts. My Mother is forming each of you to be Myliving chalices. (1/2/12), Simple Path #105.
1. How did I use my hands or fail to use my hands? Is it difficult for me to show tender affection, am I pushing myself to do what is most difficult?
2. Was my gaze one of criticism and judgement? Ask the Holy Spirit to pierce these spirits and make you conscious of them so that God’s light can shine through your gaze.
3. How have I spoken, and how has the tone of my voice been with those I live with? If harsh, short-tempered, angry, sarcastic, critical, demeaning… why? Luke 6:45, “From the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks.” The condition of our hearts is revealed as we are attentive to what and how we speak.
III. LOVE IS NOT ENVIOUS OR BOASTFUL OR ARROGANT OR RUDE...
Jesus tells us: Receive the crown of glory, the crown of thorns. The King of Kings allows Himself to be crowned with the crown of thorns...
My interior crucifixion I lived through the thorns of ingratitude, rejection, ridicule, murmurings, lies, disloyalty, unfaithfulness, deception, arrogance, pride in all its disguises... My Heart is crowned with the darkness of your sin (humanity’s). This is how I lived My Kingship on earth and it is how I continue to live My Kingship in the Eucharist, for this is Love. To share in My Kingship on earth is to share in My crown of thorns. ... You must receive with greater docility, abandonment and love My thorns through the darkness in the hearts of our sons and daughters. This is the perfect participation in the life of your Beloved, the life of Love. (11/24/13), Simple Path #75
Did I receive the crown of thorns from Jesus — thorns of ingratitude, rejection, ridicule, murmurings, lies, disloyalty, unfaithfulness, deception, arrogance, pride, with humility and gratitude? Or did I rebel or make myself the victim?
Do I live my life thinking that I deserve the crown of glory on earth? How was my reaction to the gift of the thorns the Lord was blessing me with?
Do I carry any jealousy or resentment towards others in my heart?
IV. IT DOES NOT INSIST ON ITS OWN WAY.
Abandon yourself simply by accepting all, the way that it is given to you... Give yourself completely, serving all for love of Me. The mission will move forward according to My plan and Will. You are called to be love by sacrificing yourself completely for Love. This simple abandonment in each of the circumstances of your lives that I have placed you in will produce the hidden force needed to conquer the darkness covering the earth. Abandon yourselves to love the most difficult ones closest to you. Kiss My pierced feet each morning; and set yourselves out like warriors on a mission to serve with love, patience, tenderness—be slow to anger. (2/26/11), Simple Path #80
1. Have I remained in peace with the difficulties, challenges, and tribulations in my life? If not, how have I reacted — with frustration, anger, complaining, resentment, jealousy, envy, doubt, fear? Why?
2. Have I come to trust in God’s love for me in ALL the circumstances of my life? Pray for this grace of abandonment and trust. Thank God for the storms and receive the blessing hidden in each storm of your life.
3. Is it difficult for me to surrender my desires, opinions and will? Can I be stubborn or manipulative in attempting to get my way. Keep in mind that how we fall out of love is often not due to our impure desires, but in how we seek those good desires placed in our hearts.
4. How do I continue to “insist” on my ways? Have I accepted and loved my spouse, children, co-workers, community members… the way they are?
V. IT IS NOT IRRITABLE OR RESENTFUL
Jesus: ...I am humble, pure, simple, silent, generous, forgiving, merciful, patient, and tender. I give Myself fully to the good and the bad, to the deserving and the undeserving, to those who love Me and to those that persecute Me; for when one is not obedient to the precepts of My Church, I am persecuted. I continue to love those who do not love Me. I continue to love those who use Me. I continue to love the unfaithful. I continue to love those indifferent to My love. I am left alone in the Tabernacles of the world with few who come to be with Me, to adore Me and to give Me thanks. I cry but My tears are hidden. I intercede continuously before the throne of our Father for all. My hidden life in the Eucharist is seen by Abba and blessed by Him Who sees all. (7/5/12) Simple Path #49
1. Did I continue to give myself fully in patience, kindness and tenderness when I was treated badly, disrespectfully, harshly...?
2. Did I choose to love when I was not loved, used, ignored... by communicating with respect and tenderness and not separating myself? Do I compare and pass judgements on the motives of others according to my own preconceived biases?
3. Was I able to see beyond their exterior acts and see the condition of their hearts and suffer this with Jesus? Do I pray for the healing of those who wound me?
4. Do I carry resentments in my heart that prevent me from fully loving and forgiving others?
VI. IT DOES NOT REJOICE IN WRONG DOING...
Jesus: My daughter, a hardened heart is not able to receive the grace of God. It is not able to see the glory of God revealed before him. I, God Incarnate, was in their midst yet they were blind. My Heart was grieved to see the condition of their hearts, for I knew that not even My crucifixion would touch their hearts.
My daughter, many are called; but it is few that respond. The act of Mary Magdalene and Peter, in which they come to Me with tears of sorrow, is necessary to pierce the hardness of the human heart steeped in sin.
My daughter, My Heart continues to be grieved at seeing such hardness of hearts within My Church. I desire that you awaken the hearts of My sons with tears and supplications as only a mother can. (1/14/11), Simple Path #38.
1. Do I live my life “wrapped in the gift of self-knowledge”? Have I grieved my sins or do I justify myself when I receive self-knowledge?
2. Am I attentive to the hidden intentions of my heart: acting to be liked, admired, appreciated, loved, accepted, honored…? How were my intentions impure?
3. Are my words and actions authentic and transparent to my true self, or do I at times live in the hypocrisy of my wounded false self?
VII. IT BEARS ALL THINGS, BELIEVES ALL THINGS, HOPES ALL THINGS, ENDURES ALL THINGS...
Only love radiates the light of God, for His light is Love. The light of Jesus Christ is love that suffers for all and with all:Love in pain and sorrow, Love that enters into the brokenness of humanity and receives her brokenness into Himself to heal and restore her in God. Love receives her wounds and bears them upon His Body to heal her with the balm of His tenderness in mercy. This is the Light of the world. This is Love, the Word Incarnate.
Receive My wounds, the sin, brokenness and oppression of your brothers and sisters, so that you can radiate My light in the darkness. This is love. The love of the world is self-seeking and self-centered, but the love of God is self-giving. (12/31/12), Simple Path #88 p.243
1. Have I taken the time in prayer to receive the wounds, sin, brokenness and oppression in my spouse, children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents, superiors, directors, friends, co-workers, daughters and sons-in-laws... and to suffer their brokenness with Christ as my prayer to Abba?
2. Have I taken the time to enter the PURE PAIN of how the woundedness of others hurts me, others and themselves?
VIII. LOVE IS THE EUCHARIST
Only through the power of the Eucharist can we be transformed to love as Christ loves us. With Trust and patient endurance, we must allow our disorders to come to the Light to be made pure in the furnace of God’s love.
The Eucharist is the power of God in the world. The love of God is the Eucharist and is transmitted through the Eucharist. Learn about the hidden life by contemplating Me Eucharistic life. I am hidden from your human eyes but completely present. I am verbally silent, yet My soul speaks to your soul...
...Your ordinary and hidden life through the Cross becomes united to My Eucharistic life. Your hidden life takes on the same power as My hidden life because we are no longer two but ONE. These are My living hosts. In this union of love, you enter and live in the realm of God. Through Me, with Me and in Me your most ordinary life is the power of God. Your thoughts, words, deeds, but most especially your tears and sorrows of heart, possess the power of God to bless the world. Your hidden life not seen by anyone is seen by God and, through Me, with Me and in Me, He blesses many. Your life, as ONE with My Eucharistic life, moves beyond time and space.
Ponder My Eucharistic life with the Holy Spirit and Mary. I desire for you to help Me form many living hosts to shine the light of God and to pierce the darkness. You grow in holiness as your hidden life is lived to greater perfection in My hidden life. (7/5/12), Simple Path #49.
Has the Eucharist become the center of my life? If not, what do I place before attending Mass?
Consecration to the Precious Blood of Jesus Prayer
Merciful Savior, conscious of my nothingness and of Thy sublimity, I cast myself at Thy feet and thank Thee for the many proofs of Thy grace. I thank Thee especially for Your Cross and Precious Blood by which you revealed your infinite love, forgave our sins and gave us a share in your eternal life.
In the presence of our Mother, Mary, my Guardian Angel, my Patron Saint and of the whole company of Heaven, I unite myself voluntarily with my whole heart and forever, O beloved Jesus, to Your Precious Blood, by which Thou has redeemed the world from sin and death.
I promise Thee with the help of Thy grace and to the utmost of my strength to love you and thus give you my all as a victim united to you the Victim of Love at the Cross.
I confess and repent from my sins, my coldness, and all the acts of disrespect I have ever committed against Thee. I make reparation for my disloyalty towards Thy Precious Blood and make satisfaction to Thee for the many profanations which men commit against that precious price of their salvation. Lord Jesus, I offer to Thee the love, honor and adoration, which Thy most Holy Mother, thy faithful disciples, and all saints have offered to thy Precious Blood.
I ask Thee to forget my sins and coldness, and to forgive all who offend Thee. Sprinkle us, O Divine Savior, and all, with Thy Precious Blood, so that we, Love Crucified, may love Thee from now on with all our hearts, and worthily honor the Price of our salvation. Amen.